CLT of PBCTC Homeowner's Information
Ground Lease Information and Payments:
Your Ground Lease is the document that explains the responsibilities and obligations for the homeowner and the Community Land Trust of PBC. It includes such items as how often and by how much the ground lease fee can increase, the requirement that the CLT can do nothing with the land under you home to disturb your domestic tranquility, home improvement process, and your resale formula, to just name a few. View a boilerplate version of your ground lease.
As always, if you have a question please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 561-318-8442 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here To Pay Your Ground Lease Fee.
Making Home Improvements:
Your Ground Lease contains requirements for making home improvements. All improvements must be done in a workman like manner, be properly permitted, and paid for by you. Additionally, loans for the work can’t be tied to the land and copies of all permits must be provided to the CLT. Certain items need to be approved in advance by the Community Land Trust of PBC. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Additions of room(s) and/or second story
- Garage conversions, i.e. making the garage a bedroom
- Construction of an accessory dwelling, i.e. a shed
To obtain approval, you will need to provide in writing a detailed description of your plans and any draws/site plans to the office for review. Once you have an approval, you can then obtain your necessary permits and move forward.
Approval from the CLT is not needed for routine items such as:
- Roof replacement
- New flooring
- Painting, exterior and/or interior
- Kitchen and/or bathroom remodel
- Replacement of interior and/or exterior doors and windows
- AC replacement
Remember, certain items still require a building permit and that has to be provided to the CLT.
Links to Area Building Departments:
- Palm Beach County
- Town of Haverhill
- Village of Palm Springs
- City of Riviera Beach
- Village of Royal Palm Beach
Please be aware that if your home is located in a Homeowners’ Association or Community Association, their rules need to be adhered to as well.
For more information on the requirements for Davis Landings West, click here.
Selling Your Home:
When the time comes to sell your home, for any reason, there is a step-by-step process and pricing formula in the Ground Lease. The steps in the process are as follows:
- Contact the CLT so an appraisal can be ordered and completed
- The CLT will calculate the sales price, comprised of your share of the equity added to your original sales price
- The CLT decides if they are exercising their option to purchase or have a buyer waiting, and if not,
- Obtain a realtor to market your home to potential first-time homebuyers
- Execute a contract with the buyer and work to closing
During the whole process, the CLT is here to help the next homebuyer to understand the Community Land Trust and work through the entire process!