CLT- of- PBC
Community Land Trust of Palm Beach County (
Steps to Purchasing a CLT of PBC Home
1. Attend a CLT of PBC Homeownership Orientation. Orientations are held from time to time in either group or individual sessions. Contact us or visit the Upcoming Events page for details on upcoming orientations. At each session, you will complete a preliminary CLT of PBC homeowner application.
2. Complete an eight (8) hour Palm Beach County Commission on Affordable Housing approved First Time Homebuyers’ Education Program. Click here for a list of approved First Time Homebuyer Education Providers.
3. Meet with CLT of PBC staff. You will fill out a full application and we will determine your mortgage eligibility. If you are interested in a particular home, you will be placed on a wait list. CLT of PBC staff will provide you with list of approved lenders.
4. Meet with a lender and get pre-approved for a loan.
5. Seek Independent Counsel. You need to meet with an attorney independently to review the lease and other documents related to your transaction. The CLT of PBC can refer you to an attorney who can provide these services at no cost.
6. Sign a Purchase and Sale Agreement to Buy a New Home
7. Proceed to closing and obtain the keys to your beautiful new home!!